Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting nervous



18Days
Until Departure

Bike Ride from Amarillo to the Mississippi River along Route 66


I have completed all of my major yearly obligations for work and now I need to really start planning this trip. 18 days??? WOW. Not long now. I feel like I am already on the road. I still have inventory and some end of year award things, but mostly I am done.

I am getting nervous about going. Is this real? Will I do it? Will I really stay there? All these things are getting more and more real as time gets near. I am getting anxious. Nervous jitters. Dont pack too much, everyone says. I fear not bringing enough. I have been looking at others who went before me to see what they packed and what they had to send home. I guess whatever I dont use, I can send home. I am really trying to figure out what I need. I have some issues with how to upload to the daily journal. I guess I can type it up in a text to sheila and then send pictures to facebook. I dont know. This bothers me. So, anyway!


See you on the ROAD!!!!

13 comments:

  1. So, anyway! You have officially quoted your daughter.
    You've got this. No worries. I mean except for those homeless shelters you are cake. LOL
    Honestly I am getting nervous also. Not because you can't do it but because of your safety. But we'll figure out the blog thing. It's the adventure of the ride first. Second is the blog. We will get it figured out before you bike your first mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have to do some test runs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we figured it out. Go Team Burke!! Although I do miss Zoey's picture on here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO team!!! I miss Zoeys picture too. But I think we all will get tired of Lolas picture soon, cause she is coming with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No she's not!!!! Poor baby. She'd shiver her way across Route 66.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes she is. Look at her. She will desperately miss me. She wouldnt shiver, she would love it. A cute little basket on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lola just cursed at you. I would have gotten onto her but I think you deserved it this time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she is cursing at you! She wants to come and that is that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok...if you can find her a bike helmet (not homemade like a tennis ball) and goggles. She can go. She will also need bike shorts due to chafing and some butt butter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what would you do if i find these things?

    ReplyDelete
  11. laugh my butt off and hide her

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heck no. You know Lola. She will want to be front and center!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, she will be down and front. You know she likes to show off!

    ReplyDelete