Thursday, June 3, 2010

Making my list and checking it twice



1 Day and 11 hours
Until Departure

Bike Ride from Amarillo to the Mississippi River along Route 66


Panniers just broke!!!
Ok, I was packing my panniers again. I need to get good at it so I lifted it up off the racks and the rain fly broke.

TRAGEDY!!!


I checked it out and I think I can make it work. But this really sucks. I guess you get what you pay for. It makes me worry about the rest of it. Will it break too?

As far as my nerves? I am much better today. I am getting excited now. Tomorrow we will travel from Dimmitt to Amarillo where we will spend a last dinner together with my wife and family. We will stay in a hotel and I will take off early Saturday morning. It is great to have the support of my wife and family. And it helps to get encouragement from friends on bike journal.

See you on the road!!

2 comments:

  1. Phew I'm simply exhausted from sitting here watching you pack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ought to be!!! HE HE I enjoyed my day off today though!

    ReplyDelete