Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tents



80 Days
Until Departure

Bike Ride from Amarillo to the Mississippi River along Route 66


Tents:

We borrowed a tent today for our camping trip this spring break in the Palo Duro Canyon. It is a two person tent. The size said 5ft by 6ft. I got in the tent and there is NOO way that the tent was 6 feet. I am 5'8" and I had to lay diagonal to fit. Now, I am worried about which tent to bring with me on my trip. I like how small and light the tent is. I need to find something that will fit me and my gear inside. If I bring my expensive bike, I will need a four person tent. Those are heavy, but would work well. If I bring my cheap bike, I can leave the bike outside and bring my panniers inside. All this doesn't matter much when I sleep in a hotel.

I have to spend a few nights in the field and I want to make sure everything will work.

After this weekend, I will know which one I will need. We will have a two person tent, a four person tent and a 8 person tent. I think I will figure it out after that.

See you on the road!!

1 comment:

  1. What we learned....
    1. two man leaks
    2. four man leaks
    3. eight man doesn't leak but is also colder than the other two.

    Maybe a tarp under the two man? I don't know. Trying to figure out how you are going to carry a tent larger than a two man. Of course, by that time, we will be in drought season and it might not be a problem.

    ReplyDelete